Last night - Wednesday morning - my country collectively decided to elect into office a racist misogynist with selfish ideals unlike anything we've ever seen in our government. All day Wednesday I felt equal parts gutted, angry and depressed - worried that we'd be soon be erasing decades of progress that would affect me and those around me I love. All thanks to someone I believe to be the worst major party nominee in modern American history.
Without going into deeper politics, what I took away from the 2016 US election is that we tend to associate ourselves as humans with others who share most of our beliefs. By doing so we set ourselves up for a nasty wake-up call, realizing how many of our neighbors do not share them. In this particular case, these are not simply beliefs, but basic human rights that now seem to have the potential to be revoked.
We must stand together, we must be vigilant, and we must not for a second doubt or be afraid of what makes us unique.
So tonight I decided to cope with the best artistic medium I know, and pulled together a hodge podge of tracks that are currently making me happy. It's very unlike any podcast episode I've ever recorded, and I wouldn't be surprised or offended if it's the worst thing you've ever heard. This one was for me, and it worked wonders.
01. Mausi - Move
02. Fono - Feet On The Ground
03. Luttrell - Good Day
04. Armin van Buuren feat. Jaren - Unforgivable (Matteo Monero Extended Remix)
05. Shingo Nakamura - Whither (Shawn Mitiska Remix)
06. Our Stolen Theory - Warmest Day (Talamanca Remix)
07. Soundprank - Boundless Energy
08. Jason Ross - Valor
09. Above & Beyond pres. OceanLab - Another Chance (Dan Veytia Edit)
10. GRiZ feat. Big Gigantic - Good Times Roll